Monday, January 12, 2009

I Come Not To Bury The Dead Acorn, But To Appraise Him

The appraiser is coming over today to take a look at Casa de Acorn for a refinance. They don’t take off for messiness or dog hair, right? ‘Cause if they do, I am SO screwed.

I’m pretty sure how it will go:

Me: So? What do you think?

Appraiser: Hmm. Well, I see by this bathroom in progress that you’ve got the ambition for home improvement projects. And I saw in the garage that you’ve got quite the assortment of power tools … all the right stuff to get job done.

On the other hand, it doesn’t take Norm Abram to recognize that you have absolutely no fucking idea what you’re doing. I’m going to rate this place as the assessed value of the lot minus $15,000 to bulldoze the structure and haul it away.

Oh, and nice tree, jackass.

1 comment:

Indy The BEST Dog Ever said...

Be careful Indy doesn't try to trick you into staying inside the house when they tear it down. If you smell bacon frying in the kitchen, and Indy prompts you in that direction, it might be an indication that something is amiss.