Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I Guess The Ibuprofen Kicked In Or Something

No golden slumbers last night, as I was on a very uncomfortable couch and not at my house, so this morning I was hurting from lack of sleep and my back was killing me.

Oddly, right around noon, everything started feeling better.

A few thoughts about the inauguration:

* Obama mispronounced "nucular".

* A human being probably would have been a bit uncomfortable sitting listening to a speech in which they're essentially getting raked over the coals for their colossal ineptness and general fucktardosity. Bush didn't seem bothered at all.

* When I'm president, the Chief Justice will only be allowed to say four words at a time during the oath before pausing to let me repeat them. Plus, he'll have a copy in front of him so he doesn't screw it up.

* I can appreciate that Yo Yo Ma and friends are quite talented, but come on, are you trying to put people to sleep? Steve Earle would have rocked the joint.

[UPDATE:] This, from The Bloggess, is definitely the best live-blogging of the inauguration on the interwebs.

[UPDATEx2:] Ok, 2 hours and 20 minutes into this thing ... Gitmo is still open, we're still at war in one country and occupying another, and my portfolio hasn't recovered. EPIC FAIL.

No comments: