Monday, December 15, 2008

Who Am I, George Bailey?

I’ve noticed for quite some time that people in other cars tend to not see me when I’m driving. It seems that I can’t make even the shortest trip without someone pulling out in front of me (and I’m telling you people, the brakes aren’t in any better shape than the rest of the car, so wake up!). It’s as if I’m not there, like I don’t exist – people just stare through me as if my life on this earth is without meaning or value.

It’s as if I’d never been born.

I know that there is probably a perfectly rational explanation for this. The car is grey, fairly small, and I don’t have 3 gazillion high-intensity super-nova spotlights mounted all over the thing, but still … it doesn’t help with my self-esteem issues.

2 comments:

Indy The BEST Dog Ever said...

Maybe it's a conspiracy and everyone is out to get you. Perhaps Indy has recruited them to further her plot against your life.

P77 said...

And by "car" you mean "bike" right? No one can see you riding your wooden "car" through the snow, even though it's adorned with the world's coolest (and only) Northstar Courier Traveling Handlebar Mounted Beer Coozie.