Well, I’ve been called out as being a "blog slacker." This will not stand. Sure, posts have been a bit sparse as of late; I guess there just hasn’t been much to say. Either that, or the things on my mind are of such a deep and personal nature and so profound that were they posted on the internet, the emotional impact alone would cause readers to burst into endless tears of despair. I tend to think the first reason is the more likely of the two.
So just a few quick items:
* I remember, as I picked up my dog from the pound a few years ago, telling her that "I haven’t the means to provide to you the standard of living to which you have become accustomed." That’s when she jumped out the car window and tried to run back to the shelter. It’s been a battle of wills ever since, and alas, I fear that I’m losing.
* I set a new personal best last night with 9 tacos. I considered making this an installment in the ongoing lecture series "How To Stay Single," but as no one was there to actually witness it and have therefore been repulsed to the point where any potential possibility of future romantic commitment was snuffed out, I’ll just mention it here.
* Bears vs. Packers this Sunday. The cheese-grater hat will be making an appearance.
* Who the hell is going to cook prime rib this Thanksgiving? Damn! We’re in a tight spot here!
* When things seem bad, try to remember the Happiness Fairy:
3 months ago