Monday, April 20, 2009

My Nude Og

Well, the devil-dog has a new sister. I was coming out of the grocery store yesterday, and there was a couple there with a little Husky hound. We got to talking, and the guy said that he was moving and couldn't bring her, and was giving him to his brother, but his brother didn't really want her, and, well, now she lives with us.

Her old name was Athena, but as much as I'm a fan of The Who, I'm not going to have a dog named after one of their songs. ("There was a beautiful white horse I saw in a dream stage, he had a snake the size of a sewer pipe living in his rib cage ..." Seriously? I think Ole Pete was playing with his chemistry set that day.) On the other hand, "Slip Kid" wouldn't be bad.

I guess going by my past naming conventions, I would rename Indy as Odie (or O.D., for "Old Dog," since Indy is really N.D., which stands for "New Dog," which she was at the time I got her, and name the new dog Indy. That would probably get a little confusing for them, and jeebus knows, Indy's screwed up enough already.

So Sasha it is. That sounds sort of Siberian (though I'm not sure she's a Siberian Husky). I felt a little bad about having to put the kibosh on The Live Acorn's suggestion of La'Quisha. Yes, really. Odd kid, that one.

She mainly just follows me around the house and wants to be with me all the time, just like not unlike completely unlike human females. Indy's a little jealous, but she'll get over it.


I never saw Sasha thing!

3 comments:

Indy The BEST Dog Ever said...

Pretty puppy! Congrats. I feel, however, that I should let you know hat while Sasha is a Slavic name, it's a boy's name.

The Dead Acorn said...

So I'll await the joint IOC/USOC investigation of 2006 U.S. National Champion & Olympic silver medalist figure skater Sasha Cohen.

Indy The BEST Dog Ever said...

I'm only telling you what I learned when I lived in Eastern Europe. I'm just saying, there, it's a boy's name. It's a short name for Alexander, and people name their girls Alex or Alexandra all the time. It's a good name, either way. :-)