Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Hole In My Life Wall

I think I’m going to cut a hole in one of my walls tonight. The wall is between the living room and the kitchen, and a window will open things up a bit and ease some of the crushing isolation that being alone in the kitchen can induce allow more interaction between people in the two rooms. Plus, a little destruction can be therapeutic … a Skil saw, a load-bearing wall, some Courtney Love blasting on the stereo … ahhhh, feel the anger melt away. My doctor says I swallow a lot of aggression … that, and a lot of pizzas!

Another plus is that I’ll add to the list of half-assed, half-completed projects that have come to exemplify my existence. Torn out walls in the future master bathroom? Check. Bedroom painted but trim not replaced? Check. Picture frames glued but not sanded and stained? Check. Gaping hole in the middle of the house? Soon …

No comments: