Sunday, August 15, 2010

Drunk Post, Part I

Okay, I might be a little tipsy at this point. But I rented "The Bucket List," which is a movie.

By "movie," in this case, I mean (this is my opinion only, and I'm writing this now for the express purpose of seeing if my opinion changes) some goddamned excuse to make money by pairing Nicholson and Freeman together in a feel-good ... well, movie. I'd probably have some other way of stating that using the word "cinematic,", except, you know, I'm a little tipsy.

So I'm going to watch it, because I want to see if it actually turns out that there's some message about doing things while you're alive and having those goals as such, rather than thinking about things you want to do before you die. To me, those are really different questions. I assume that the movie will turn out that way, because, well, Hollywood people do that kind of thing well, and are smarter than me.

Me go watch. Me write later if not durnk.

[UPDATE:] Oh for hellz sake did THAT suck. I'm sorry I wasted 2 hours of my life, but I'm REALLY sorry that I ever even thought about posting about this, and I apologize whole-heartedly to my reader.

4 comments:

Niamh B said...

watched it a while back, twas good for a cry, and Nicholson almost saves it by being himself.
But ultimately no, you should have asked before hand, I'd have told you, no - don't watch it - for those reasons you outline.
and cos not everyone who's dying and has a list of fun things they'd like to do, make best buddies with someone who can finance them.

Jonny Hamachi said...

Were you drunk when you rented it?

As it turns out; Jack is only ever being himself in all his movies. A one character pony much like Keanu and Dennis Hopper.

Domestic Oub said...

Count yourself lucky - imagine how much worse it would have been to have watched it sober...

The Dead Acorn said...

I guess I've seen worse, but DO's definitely got the right take on it. Maybe there should be a movie rating scale indicating how much you have to drink to make a movie bearable. "While Nicholson and Freeman both give fine performances, the gratuitous and overdone 'buddies having fun' scenes would be too much for a clear thinking individual. I recommend 7 out of 12 bottles."