Sunday, January 3, 2010

I'm Not Sure How This One's Gonna Go ...

For us top-secret government agents workers, this was a bit of an extended weekend. Even more so, if, for example, one were to go to lunch on Thursday and forget to go back to finish up the work day. Hey, it happens … it is, in large part, my lack of attention to details like that that keeps me from gaining more lucrative employment in the private sec OOH A SHINY THING!

As far as weekends in 2010 go, this was by far the best I’ve experienced to date.

Things that happened:

  • I went bowling twice, and only fell down once. There was some speculation that the cause of the fall had to do with the fact that it was New Year’s Day, and that champagne for breakfast has been to known to lead to confusion of the horizontal and vertical axes. This may be true; however, I have been told that I have a rather unique bowling delivery, one that has spurred discussion as to why I don’t find myself in that position a bit more often, but damnit, I refuse to sacrifice decades of training learning the approach of the ancient Mayan bowlers simply to fit in with the traditional European style. Plus, there was a girl in the next lane who had the most beautiful eyes I’ve ever seen, and how am I supposed to think about staying upright with THAT going on?

  • I made lasagna twice. This doubles my lifetime lasagna output, and even though there’s no evidence in my familial archives (which go as far back as 1964) supporting the veracity of this claim, I’m pretty sure I’m full blooded Italian.

  • The concept of “sharting” was explained to me, and others, by a 5-year-old. She also tried to kick several friends out of MY HOUSE. I hope she doesn't read this blog, because she uses words like a scalpel, and frankly, I'm a little sensitive right now.

  • I think I tried a particular something for maybe the third time in my life; I’m now 0-3. I think we can safely put that to rest.

  • I went and got my season ski pass picture with The Live Acorn, and didn’t even suggest wearing silly wigs, for the first time since we’ve been purchasing passes. It was a little sad, but knowing that the life of a 14-year-old girl is a fairly complex one, I can deal with it, especially when we got to go bowling later in the day, at her suggestion.

Fifty-one more weekends to go. I have a bad feeling about this year.

No comments: