Friday, November 27, 2009

Time To Get Started

It was the best of Thanksgivings, it was the worst of Thanksgivings.

It was the best because of the good friends, good food, and good times. There were about 10 people or so, 3 big-ass dogs, a deep-fried turkey, corned beef, ham, various strudels and side dishes, and the Live Acorn made apple pie.

It was the worst for reasons probably best not blogged about.

Anyway, I think I’m going to try to be a little more productive with all the time I have. The asbestos linoleum is coming up today, mesothelioma be damned. Maybe I’ll even get to start laying some tile so I can get on to refinishing the floors. I want this house to be nice when it becomes a home.

I’ve got some other projects I need to get going on as well. I may try to figure out what those fucking voices are saying instead of keeping them all liquored up ‘n’ lacquered down. I also need to memorize the tachometer-to-speed conversions for all five gears so that when the speedometer cable snaps this winter, I’ll have some idea of how fast I’m going. There’s one huge-ass project that I really have no idea about how to get done, but I’m gonna give it a shot anyway. There’s no asbestos involved, as far as I know, but I’ll have to dig around and see what I need to do to shore up the foundation.

It’s kind of drizzling outside, and the sky is a dreary grey. Perfect.

I guess I’d better get started.

1 comment:

Indy The BEST Dog Ever said...

You can't blog about it? COME ON! Don't tease us!