The Dead Acorn's List of Stuff For 2009
2) Expo Idaho (Western Idaho State Fair), South end. A strong stream, tooth-numbingly cold.
1) Albertsons (17th and State). Simply one of the best drinking fountains I’ve ever encountered. Its output trajectory is substantial, but not overpowering. The primary:secondary stream ratio is unmatched in the valley. One may have issues with Albertsons as a grocery store, but when it comes to drinking fountains, their flagship location is second to none.
2) Beer (in the shower; multiple occasions). Hot water on the outside, cold beer on the inside. Good stuff.
1) Mimosas (front lawn, late summer). Champagne and holding hands for breakfast. Sublime.
2) Tiger Woods. Wow. That guy doesn’t do anything half-assed.
1) Me. Colossal. Tiger could have avoided all of the media attention by saying “you think I fucked up? You should talk to The Dead Acorn.”
2) 5-year, purchased through Capital One Banking. Averaged over 3% interest in 2009; a solid investment and a relatively safe haven in these tumultuous economic times.
1) Townes (Steve Earle). Dang good ... some of his best work.